You are in full swing to renew your license now! When you renew your license online before your March 31st renewal date, the Florida Department of Health will review your records in CE Broker. It will be required that all of your requirements be met and your hours are posted in order to renew successfully. So don’t wait until the last minute– complete and report your hours as you go so you don’t fall behind!
You can learn more about your renewal process at www.AreYouRenewalReady.com.
We want to give you a quick visual of all of your CE requirements so you don’t have any surprises when renewing your license. The following chart contains all of the 30 total hours required for Florida Mental Health Professionals.
Your Hours– Broken Down:
- 25 General Hours
- 2 Medical Errors Hours – Must be taken from a Board approved Medical Errors provider
- 3 Ethics and Boundaries Hours
- 3 Laws and Rules Hours – These hours are required every third biennium and are included in the 25 general hours (refer to Other Helpful Information below to learn more)
- 2 Domestic Violence Hours – These hours are required every third biennium and are included in the 25 general hours
Board Approved Providers:
- All courses listed in the CE Broker Course Search are board approved and will count towards your requirements
- National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC);
- American Association of Sex Educators Counselors and Therapists (AASECT);
- American Society of Clinical Hypnosis (ASCH);
- National Association of Social Work (NASW);
- American Psychological Association (APA);
- Clinical Social Work Federation (CSWF);
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB);
- American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP);
- American Psychiatric Association;
- International Association of Marriage and Family Therapy Counselors (AMFC);
- American Association of State Counseling Boards (AASCB);
- American Counseling Association (ACA);
- American Mental Health Counseling Association (AMHCA);
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT); and
- Association of Marital and Family Therapy Regulatory Boards (AMFTRB)
Other methods of receiving credit:
- 23 hours general credits for attending a Board meeting
- Up to 10 hours for being a presenter or moderator
- Up to 5 hours for being an instructor of a graduate level course
Other Helpful Information:
Laws and Rules of the Board is a brand new requirement for your license renewal. While it took effect in rule for the 2013-2015 biennium, you have until your cycle that expires 03/31/2019 to complete this course for the first time. The cycle in which you complete it will start your “clock”, and subsequently, Laws and Rules will be required every third biennium thereafter. For your convenience, we recommend you choose to complete Laws and Rules during the cycle in which you are due for Domestic Violence since both are required every 6 years.
If you have a Professional or Concierge Account with CE Broker, you can see whether you have met the requirements listed above in your CE Compliance Transcript. If something is required for completion that biennium, you will see it listed as required. Once you have completed those hours, you will see that is fulfilled. If you have not completed those hours yet, you will see how many hours are still required for that section.
What If This Is My First Renewal?
“Practitioners initially licensed and renewing a license for the first time are exempt from completing continuing education.”
CE Broker iPhone and Android Apps- Continuing Education Simplified.
Our free CE Broker iPhone or Android app, available in the iTunes Store and in Google Play, is the best way to manage your CE from anywhere, anytime. You can create a FREE Basic Account and even upgrade to a Professional or Concierge account with your iTunes/Google Play account, if you so desire. That means no credit card is required since your account on file is automatically charged. Once you download the app you need, you can see your Course History, Report CE, use the Course Search Tool and even view your CE Compliance Transcript. Visit the iTunes or Google Play store and download your app for free today!
What if I Have Questions?
We are dedicated to helping you successfully renew your license so we have plenty of tools for you to utilize if you have any questions! We added a special Clinical Social Worker, Marriage and Family Therapist and Mental Health Professionals FAQ section just for you in our Support pages which includes all of the most commonly asked questions from other licensees in your profession. To find a specific course to fulfill any unmet requirements, you can watch our Course Search video by clicking on the picture below.
Watch our Course Search Video here to walk you through how to find the course you need: