Florida Occupational Therapists, it’s about time to renew your license! Your February 28th renewal date is quickly approaching. We want to be sure that your renewal process is quick and painless so this blog will lay out all of your requirements and answer any questions you might have. Below is a chart with renewal requirements and some helpful hints. Keep reading to learn all the ins and outs of your license requirements.
Is There Anything Particularly Important I Should Know?
- A licensee may perform no more than twelve (12) hours of continuing education as home study education per biennium.
- Home study education is independent study and requires a certificate of completion.
- A maximum of five contact hours may be awarded per biennium for approved alternative media, such as video, audio, and/or software programs prepared or updated not more than five years prior to the date of viewing or presentation.
- Home study education does not include a web-based, satellite-transmitted, or online instruction program that allows or requires the licensee to interact or communicate back and forth with the instructor during the presentation of the program.
- Up to 6 hours per biennium may be awarded for Level II OT/OTA Field Work Experience Supervision and Volunteer Expert Witness Service.
- Up to 8 hours per biennium may be awarded for Course Presentations and Attendance at Board meetings.
- Up to 10 hours per biennium may be awarded for: Publications Related to Occupational Therapy Practice.
For more information on the renewal process, you can visit the Florida Board of Occupational Therapy website and click on the “Renewal” tab at the top of the screen or simply click on the link above. If you want to renew your license through the Florida Department of Health, click on this link to be redirected to their website.
We are dedicated to helping you successfully renew your license, so we have plenty of tools for you to utilize if you have any questions! We have added a special Occupational Therapy FAQ section just for you in our Support pages. You can watch our Course Search video by clicking on the picture below to find a specific course to fulfill any unmet requirements.
Try our 7-Day Trial for our Professional Account for your ultimate worry-free, personalized solution. With your Professional Account, you can access your CE Compliance Transcript, receive continuing education and license deadline reminders, report CE to your account, and much more to simplify your renewal process.