December 31st marks the first renewal for Registered Pharmacy Technicians. You may already be very familiar with the license requirements and how renewal will work for you, but if not, we’ll explain the ins and outs of your continuing education process. Keep reading to learn how CE Broker and the Florida Department of Health relationship is relevant to you.
CE Broker– The Official Online Tracking System for the Florida Department of Health
When you go to renew your license on or before December 31st, 2014, the Florida Department of Health, Division of Quality Assurance, will check your records in CE Broker’s system. If you have not fully met your requirements, you will be redirected to CEBroker.com to report missing CE. If you have met your requirements, you will be deemed compliant and your license will renew with no problem. A CE Broker account can come in extremely handy for you as a licensee for many reasons.
There are three different types of accounts so you can choose what best meets your needs:
- The Basic Account is a free account that allows you to search for Board-approved courses from providers, report completed CE and view your Course History to see what courses you have already completed.
- The Professional Account will provide you with the complete CE package to make renewal as simple as possible. You will gain access to a CE Compliance Transcript to show what requirements you have met and what are left, customizable email notifications to alert you of reported CE and deadlines, HeartCard and other certification tracking, and much more.
- The Concierge account is for the busy healthcare professionals who are in the market for a CE Expert personal assistant to report CE for them and personal updates on license information.
Registered Pharmacy Technician Requirements:
Requirements can be confusing so we want to give you a breakdown of your CE requirements so you don’t have any surprises when you are renewing your license. You are required to complete a total of 20 Continuing Education hours (12 Continuing Education hours if it is your first renewal cycle) each biennium in order to remain compliant.
- 2 Hours of Medication Errors
- 18 Hours of General (10 Hours of General if it is your first renewal cycle)
- At least four (4) of the required 20 hours must be obtained as “live” continuing education. If you are in your first license renewal cycle, at least two of the required 12 hours must be obtained as “live” continuing education.
- The two (2) hour Medication Errors requirement must be approved in advance by the Florida Board of Pharmacy and must be fulfilled with a single two (2) hour course.
- ACPE course approval numbers for Registered Pharmacy Technicians will end with a “T”. The L in the ACPE approval number means the course is LIVE and the H in an ACPE approval number means the course is HOME STUDY.
For more information on the renewal process, you can visit the Florida Board of Pharmacy website and click on the “Renewal” tab at the top of the screen or you can simply click on the link above. If you want to renew your license through the Florida Department of Health, click on this link to be redirected to their website.
We are dedicated to helping you successfully renew your license so we have plenty of tools for you to utilize if you have any questions! We have added a special Registered Pharmacy Technician FAQ section just for you in our Support pages. To find a specific course to fulfill any unmet requirements, you can watch our Course Search video by clicking on the picture below.
For your ultimate worry-free, personalized solution try our 7-Day Trial for our Professional Account. With your Professional Account you can access your CE Compliance Transcript, receive continuing education and license deadline reminders, report CE to your account and much more to simplify your renewal process.